Behind every great event is an even greater group of Volunteers!
Volunteering at the Outback Festival is a great opportunity to work closely with our outback community, make lifelong friends, and really make a difference.
- Looking for a unique Outback Festival experience?
- Reliable, flexible, organised, and “able to get the job done”?
- Someone who enjoys meeting members of the public from all over Australia and the world?
Then volunteer with us!
There is a broad range of volunteering roles available – we’ve got something for everyone!
Volunteers will be required to volunteer for a minimum of 25 hours over the five days, split across multiple shifts. You can nominate your preferences for volunteer roles based on your interests, skills, experience, and licences/accreditations (where applicable).
We will do our best to accommodate preferences, however please be advised that volunteers may be asked to help in other areas of work where necessary to contribute to the success of iconic Outback Festival.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Mon 31st July 2023
SUCCESSFUL VOLUNTEERS NOTIFIED: Mon 7th August 2023
VOLUNTEER ROSTERS CONFIRMED: Thur 31st August 2023
VOLUNTEER MEET AND GREET: Mon 18th September 2023
FESTIVAL DATES: Tues 19st September – Sat 23rd September 2023
VOLUNTEER THANK YOU PARTY: Sun 24th September 2023
What we require
- Commitment to roles and shifts
- Undertake relevant training and inductions
- Communicate changes in availability or commitments early so roles can be filled by other volunteers
- Share information about any existing medical condition, special needs, or other relevant factors that should reasonably be considered in assessing which Volunteer roles might be appropriate for Volunteers
- Agree to our Volunteer Terms and Conditions
how we support our volunteers
- We provide a roster that outlines roles and duties that volunteers will be undertaking, so everyone knows what they are doing, and when
- We deliver an Orientation session as well as training
- We have appropriate and adequate insurance coverage for volunteers
- We are committed to ensuring a healthy and safe workplace
Additional benefits of volunteering
- A pre-festival meet and greet
- A free ticket to the five days of the Festival, to be used when not on volunteer shift.
- A post-event thank-you party
- Access to a non-powered camping site, with an option to upgrade to a powered site.
- Opportunity to make new friends
- Sense of community and pride, friendships and making a difference to an Outback community
how to apply
Please complete the volunteer application form. Note that an active email address and regular computer access will be required for communication purposes.