Quilton Australian Dunny Derby
Are you looking to grab your share of over $5,000 in prize money? Gather a team together for the Quilton Australian Dunny Derby.
- The big event happens on Friday 27 September 2019
- Everyone is welcome to participate, but you’ll need a Dunny; also called an Aussie outhouse, outdoor loo or thunderbox.
- Contact us for information on how to get your Dunny prepared according to race specifications!
- Competitors will vie for the fastest dunny in the west as they race past derby ‘obstacles’ to claim their high stakes prize.
- The best-presented team and dunny; and the Constipation Stakes (the best of the losers!).
- Don’t miss the Mayoral Mayhem Challenge by Outback Mayors.
- If you have a business you would like to promote or corporate team needing team-building. Come up with the perfect dunny name to align with your business.
The 200 metre Derby starts off Le Mans style with the jockey running to his thunderbox (seat) before the team pushes/pulls their Dunny through the ‘obstacles’ to the finish line. A five person team consists of two runners ‘pushing’ the Dunny, two runners ‘pulling’ the Dunny and one jockey riding on his thunderbox in the Dunny.
Registration fee is $50* per team and registrations are limited. * Includes Race Entry only. Please purchase Entertainment Package separately.
REGISTRATIONS OPEN EARLY 2019**
**Places in some events are limited. You are urged to nominate early – first in first nominated. A standby list will be kept by organisers in the event of cancellations.