The Truckies Reunion, held on Saturday 28th & Sunday 29th September, will feature two days of truck related competitions including a truckies backing competition, a competition to identify the oldest working truckie, furthest travelled and most consistent truckie, as well as a Show & Shine event and the Grand Parade Spectacular.
First staged at the 2003 Winton Outback Festival, the reunion has continued to be held in conjunction at each biennial Outback Festival. With the formation of Winton’s Diamantina Heritage Truck & Machinery Museum in 2004, and the official opening of the Truck Museum in 2017, the Truckies Reunion now attracts large numbers of trucking enthusiasts young and old.
Saturday 28th September
- Truckies Backing Competition
- Stationary Engines Working displays
- Truckies Grand Parade
- Monster Fundraising Auction
- Vintage & Veteran Trucks
- Truckies Show & Shine
- Truck Pull Competition ( Men’s & Ladies Teams) – the ultimate strength test where teams attempt to pull an 18 tonne prime mover over a 50 metre distance
Sunday 29th September
7:30am – Truckies Breakfast plus live entertainment at Winton’s Diamantina Heritage Truck & Machinery Museum site
Breakfast cost: $15 adults & $5 kids
- Take a trip down memory lane and listen to the sound of working machinery and 1890 Ruston Stationary Steam Engine
- Stationary engine displays
- Memorabilia displays, vintage trucks, merchandise & Storyboard exhibition
- Drawing on Major Raffle plus presentations to winners of the Trucking events held during the Truckies Reunion
Registrations for the Truck Pull and Truckies Show & Shine will be available at the Festival Information Office.